Friday, November 1, 2013

Jessica - Trash to Treasure Creations
My name is Jessica. I’m a 23 year old who is obsessed with all things arts and crafts. Although I was not born in Ohio, I grew up here and graduated from The Ohio State University in March of 2012. Currently, I work for Nationwide while pursuing my true passion of crafting in my spare time!
Trash to Treasure Creations was started in 2010. I started out making purses and wallets out of Capri Sun pouches (remember those?). Next, I tried out candy bouquets using recycled containers as bases. I started selling at a few craft shows here and there just as a hobby.
Things got more serious when I started making string art. Originally, I made a large piece for my living room based off of a tutorial I saw on Pinterest and a piece of upcycled wood. When guests would come over, I almost always would receive compliments on the piece and requests for me to make one for others! One night, I was at Tuttle mall with my mom when we came across Simply Vague. I showed the owner a picture of my string art and was selling in their store the following month! Additional stores and an Etsy shop came soon after!
I’m inspired by everything. My brain is literally always ticking. I’m constantly thinking of new ways to use old items and bouncing ideas off of anyone who will listen. I can spend hours in a thrift store, reimagining the furniture and fixtures I find there. I see beauty in everything, no matter how old or used it might be.
Do you need a unique gift? Is there a guy in your life who is impossible to shop for? Or maybe you’re looking for a conversation piece to complete a room in your home? You’re in luck! I’ve got you covered!
The great thing about what I do is that each piece is 100% unique. Your design is hand strung and no two pieces are exactly the same. I can even do custom orders based on the state, city, or team that is meaningful to you or the person you’re shopping for. You can choose your board size, color, string and accents to make a piece that is truly your own.
These are perfect gifts for students or alumni, the man cave, and any room in your house that needs that one piece of art to bring the room together.
And that’s just the string art!
T-shirt pillows make a great gift for students or sports fans in your life. These super soft and durable shirts and prewashed and preshrunk, and then sewn and stuffed with the coziest polyester fiberfill. Great for dorm rooms or cuddling on the couch. These are also available in custom orders, especially if you have a few shirts that you just aren’t wearing anymore but can’t bear to get rid of! Sports shirts, concert tees and shirts from special vacations make amazing and meaningful gifts.
This November, you will be able to purchase your own unique string art piece or t-shirt pillow from the Not Your Mama’s Craft Market just in time for the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment