Friday, November 21, 2014

Patrick of Painted Patchwork

The goal of this is to let you into my world for just a little bit. It’s hard for me to express why I do what I do. I know that my art isn't the type of art that is going to change the world. If I can spark interest and conversation among those that enjoy my pieces, that makes it worth it for me. For me it’s a need! I wake up every morning and I need to create. It drives me, it consumes me and it is my passion. Conceptualizing an idea, growing it, watching it flourish and then stepping back and looking at something that was only previously a thought, is the best feeling in the world to me. I love the feeling of free handing a line from start to finish, the way the blade sounds against wood, and the smell of that freshly cut wood. I love matching colors to create different moods, cutting patterns to create texture and giving my illustrations life.
I create images that are multilayer, expressing texture with each different layer. I take great care in choosing patterns and matching them with the right image. I use a combination of vintage maps, wood, ink and spray paint. I create my own canvases and frames using new and reclaimed wood. I like to be present in every step of the creative process and from this I form a connection with each piece. Everything I do has a piece of me in it and I am so glad when I get to share that with other people. "All I ever wanted was to pick apart the day, put the pieces back together my way" - Aesop Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment