Thursday, November 21, 2013

MURALS BY KATY- KATY SANFORD

MURALS BY KATY
KATY SANFORD
I am an interior designer, artist, wedding designer and art teacher from West Liberty Ohio. My husband and I moved to Marysville 8 years ago after we graduated from Bowling Green State University. My area of expertise is art history, design and painting, building and upholstery. We have a 6 year old son, and a 3 year old daughter that are little artists in the making. I have a special interest in helping small children develop themselves artistically.
I have recently gotten into flea markets and auctions and fallen in love with old windows. I painted one for my living room, loved it and decided to create more. I do a lot of furniture re-purposing. One of my favorite styles of art is taking something old and breathing new life into it, making others see it differently. I want to add a contemporary twist to vintage items. I really want to show others that I am always reinventing myself. Just when something starts to work, I change it up and create a new challenge. I teach at the Marysville Art League and created “Little Picassos”, an art/ art history class for children ages 5-10. I also work with the BASE program at Bunsold, design weddings for Madison House Designs, paint murals for my customers and attend several art shows as a vendor every year.
My work can be seen and bought at Not Your Mama's Craft Market on Nov. 30th . For more information about me, my classes, or my art, please contact me at anderssanford@yahoo.com or you can follow my work at “Murals By Katy” on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment