Saturday, November 23, 2013

Shirley’s Sewingroom - Debi Bair

Hi my name is Debi Bair and I am the owner of Shirley’s Sewingroom, my shop can be found on Etsy as www.etsy.com/shop/shirleyssewingroom. I live outside of Urbana near Mutual Ohio with my husband Ron and daughter Stacy and granddaughter Cora. Shirley’s Sewingroom can be found just down the road at the home of my dad Don and my late mom Shirley. Mom’s sewing room is pretty much just the way she left it four years ago, with all of the fabric, patterns and trim. My inspiration came when going through the room and finding all of the doll patterns that she had and remembering all of the doll clothes and many other items that she made for her family. I’m pretty sure there isn’t a child, grandchild, niece, or cousin that doesn’t have something that was created in Shirley’s Sewingroom.
I started making doll clothes for my own granddaughters and realized that this would be a good way to use some of the fabric that I inherited (I will never be able to use it all) and so a shop was born. Mom’s sister Pat joined me early this year when I applied for the spring NYMCM. Most of my outfits are one of a kind since mom never threw away the scraps from anything she made. I specialize in the 18” American Girl style clothes and the 14” Bitty Baby style clothes. These outfits will fit a variety of 18” and 14” dolls. Last spring was my first time as a NYMCM vendor and I had a great time. For this show since it is so close to Christmas I’ve added some little girl jumpers with matching doll jumpers.
I’m really looking forward to the show this year and a chance to do some of my own Christmas shopping for family and friends. I hope everyone will marks their calendar for November 30th, and support not just NYMCM but, all of the local artisans that will be there.
-- Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment