Sunday, October 19, 2014

Megan Midworth with Doves Nest Designs

Hi! My name is Megan Midworth with Doves Nest Designs. I am a newbie to the craft-show world and am so excited to be a part of this year's NYMCM!!
I have been sewing for almost as long as I can remember, thanks to my mother. In my adult years, I started out making funky patchwork clothes for myself and friends. After my daughter was born 10 years ago, I started making clothes and dolls for her- all with an edge. Since then I have really blossomed as an artist, getting crazy creative!
In 2007, I opened my shop on ETSY, selling clothing and bags. Since then I have designed and made a variety of garments, bags, wallets, plush toys, costumes, dolls, patches, sewn pictures and more! I love to find inspiration in music, nature, books, tattoos, my children, friends, and art work. Added to my crazy imagination, there's no telling what I will make next!
After opening my ETSY shop, the Baby Lock Sewing Machine Company approached me to work with their company. I have designed step-by-step projects with instructions and pictures for their web site.
I am so thankful that I have found something I love to do that is such a great outlet for my artsy side! I take great pride in everything I design and make. I have had a hard time finding my place in the craft show world so far...but NYMCM seems like just the place!!

No comments:

Post a Comment